Saturday, March 9, 2013

Wearing the Late Crown

Well since I'm a few days behind everybody in buying my first pack of 2013 Heritage, this will probably be a ho-hum post to you all. It's rather fitting because it was...(spoiler here)...a ho-hum pack.

I went to Wal-Mart after work and plunked down $5.98 for a 20 card rack pack. Weren't they $4.98 a year ago? I don't remember. You know, they say that's the first thing that goes when you get old, your memory.

So here is my first Heritage card of 2013!
 
 
 

359 - Wilton Lopez.
 
 
 
I'll wait for all of the excitement to die down before I continue.
 
 
 
 
Well, that didn't take long.
 
 
 
 
In addition to the usual stats and person information, the card backs have a trivia question and you can get the answer by scratching the white box next to it with a nickel or dime for the "magic answer".
 
 
 
 
Or you could just put the card up to the lamp in your living room and read the answer that way. The actual reason for me doing that was because my eyes don't appreciate the orange on white design. In other words, I have a hard time reading the card backs. You know, they say that's the first thing that goes when you get old, your eyes.
 
The lighting in my living room probably doesn't help either. One of my main complaints about these energy saving lightbulbs is that now I have to have 5 lights on instead of 1 in order to see anything. Looks like I'll need to get some "energy wasting" lightbulbs if I want to read these card backs in the future.
 
Here's the rest of the pack:
 
401 - Alex Presley
423 - Tops In NL (Matt Cain/Buster Posey)
242 - John Jaso
352 - Alexei Ramirez
268 - Justin Ruggiano
461 - Marco Scutaro SP
 
 
 
 
68 - Cameron Maybin
382 - Mike Fiers
142 - Daniel Murphy
238 - Joe Nathan
293 - Ubaldo Jimenez
154 - Dee Gordon
70 - Brian McCann
176 - Ervin Santana
254 - Nathan Eovaldi
HC49 - Chris Sale Heritage Chrome 259/999 (which is probably also my vision)
 
 
 

4 - American League Pitching Leaders
144 - Darwin Barney
245 - Jordan Pacheco
 
 
 
Well that was dreadful.
 
 
Everything I've read has told me to stay away from Heritage 2013. My first experience confirms that.
 
 
So will I collect it?
 
 
Of course I will, because you know, they say that's the first thing that goes when you get old, your common sense.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment