Sunday, May 19, 2013

Wearing The Late Crown (Part 3)

Technically I'm not really late, because I actually bought these weeks ago, and they've been sitting around unopened.


 
Yes, there are packs of cards in my house that are unopened.
 
 
I had my eye on two packs of 2013 Panini Prizm, but buying these packs were one of those "on the fence" decisions.
 
I lifted them up, then put them down.
 
I lifted them up again, then put them down again.
 
I lifted them up yet again, then put them down yet again.
 
I felt like the "lunkhead" in the Planet Fitness commercials.
 
 
 
"I lift things up and put them down."
 
 
So before I was shown the "stretching area", I decided I'd better make up my mind.
 
So I bought the two packs of 2013 Panini Prizm.
 
I've already read a few reviews of these, and for the most part the reviews have not been kind.
 
But putting those aside, let's see what these two packs have to offer.
 
Pack 1
 
 
196 - Dale Thayer (San Diego Baseball Club)
 
 
RR7 - Wei-Yin Chen (Baltimore Baseball Club)
 
 
56 - Jason Kipnis (Cleveland Baseball Club)
 
 
49 - Stephen Strasburg (Washington Baseball Club)
 
Pack 2
 
 
129 - Deion Sanders (Atlanta Baseball Club)
 
 
TP3 - Shelby Miller (St. Louis Baseball Club)
 
 
21 - Elvis Andrus (Texas Baseball Club)
 
 
92 - Jason Motte (St. Louis Baseball Club)
 
 
 
The verdict?
 
 
I like them.  I completely forgot they would have to use "Baseball Club" rather than the actual team name. I'll probably get more, I'm also sure I'll find some in repacks and commons boxes next year.
 
One complaint, though. The back of the Shelby Miller card looked like it has ink smudged on it or
something.
 
 
 
Since this is supposed to be a "chase card", I would expect much better quality control. The cards aren't cheap either. I think they were $2.99 a pack.
 
So if you hate these cards, send them my way and we'll work up a trade.

1 comment:

  1. I was surprised how much I liked these as well. Normally I'm not super into the "shiny" stuff. Still, probably only interested in the San Diego Baseball Club ones. Didn't know that Thayer the Slayer was included in the set, I'll havta check out the checklist to see who else made it.

    ReplyDelete