Saturday, May 11, 2013

4 packs, 50 cards plus BONUS

I was reading a blog the other day and the author commented on how the Wal-Mart in his area was running low on cards and he had to go to Target. I have the exact opposite problem. The Target in my area has next to nothing!

So I had to settle for this:


Another Fairfield repack. As you may or may not be able to read, the box contains:

4 packs
50 cards
plus BONUS

It's a cloudy day here in New Hampshire...let's see if it gets brighter.

First up...the loose cards.


First card...1989 Donruss Cal Ripken (Orioles)...and away we go!

It mostly contained the typical assortment of 87 Topps, 88 Donruss, 89 Fleer, 90 Fleer, etc.

There were a few highlights:


1981 Fleer Dave McKay (A's)...taken at Fenway Park! You can see the famous CITGO sign in the background.


I've been getting these a lot in repacks lately...

 
...and these. Somebody apparently had a warehouse full of them and if I keep buying repacks, I have a feeling that I'll have a warehouse full of them.


I do not like the numbering on the 1990 Topps Sticker set. I wish they were in numerical order and only had 1 sticker per card.


I also wish the back had the same player, not a different one, and definitely not a different number! Grrr!


1990 Topps Traded Kevin Romine. This set is also showing up a lot lately.


Last card. 1988 Topps Boston Red Sox Leaders.

Now let's open the packs.


2010 Topps Chrome. This is the pack that you could see through the window of the front of the repack box. The cards will all have a slight bend to them. How do I know this?


156 - Miguel Cabrera (Tigers)
148 - Jered Weaver (Angels)


15 - Marco Scutaro (Red Sox)
174 - Jason Heyward (Braves)
...and a checklist.

Pack 2

 
2007 Upper Deck Series 1

422 - Geoff Blum (Padres)


295 - Ryan Freel (Reds)
234 - Lyle Overbay (Blue Jays)
170 - Melky Cabrera (Yankees)
316 - Manny Corpas (Rockies)
191 - Richie Sexson (Mariners)


444 - Ronnie Belliard (Cardinals)
479 - Derek Jeter TC (Yankees)

Pack 3


2007 Fleer Ultra

52 - Ryan Garko (Indians)
64 - Kenny Rogers (Tigers)


148 - Scott Rolen (Cardinals)
189 - A.J. Burnett (Blue Jays)


UIM-44 - Cal Ripken Ultra Iron Man (Orioles)

Pack 4


2008 Upper Deck First Edition Update. I'll need a second warehouse at the rate I'm seing this.


319 - David Ortiz (Red Sox)
394 - Rickie Weeks (Brewers)
374 - Alex Gordon (Rockies)
336 - Paul Konerko (White Sox)
459 - Aaron Rowand (Giants)
474 - Chris Duncan (Cardinals)


390 - Hiroki Kuroda (Dodgers)
447 - Matt Capps (Pirates)
456 - Scott Hairston (Padres)
SQ-55  - Pedro Martinez SQ Common

So now the moment you've been waiting for....THE BONUS!


1995 UC3 Tony Tarasco (Expos). You shouldn't have.

So did this repack brighten up our cloudy day?!


Now it's f'n raining.

1 comment:

  1. I love opening these repack things, but sometimes they are a bust.

    I have access to several Walmarts and Targets here in north central Ohio. The Targets,here, are always better for sports cards.

    ReplyDelete