Sunday, May 5, 2013

A SuperDuper Fantastic Catch Of Cards

(I know Weston, you're probably rolling your eyes at that title.)

Back when I started my blog in February, Weston was one of the first to subscribe to my blog and also left the very first comment, so it's about time we did some trading. (Well it's not officially a trade yet, because I haven't sent him anything yet, but I will.)

Weston is the author of "Fantastic Catch", a St. Louis Cardinals themed blog, which I must confess I just subscribed to last week. I know, that was very rude of me. I also missed out on his cool contest, so it serves me right.

I've been to St. Louis only once, as a Boy Scout. We were on our way to the Boy Scout World Jamboree which was being held in , Calgary, Canada that year (1983). My scout troop had made it a month-long trip where we went all across the United States seeing as much as we could. We stopped in St Louis to see the Gateway Arch and also stopped at either a fair or amusement park or something. I played the game where you have to guess the speed of your pitch. If you guessed right, you got to pick a prize. I guessed right on the second try (60 mph, I was not a flamethrower), and picked a St. Louis Cardinals pennant (which is still hanging on the wall in my old bedroom at my mom's house).

Anyways, Weston sent me a few Red Sox and some cards off my 2008 Upper Deck First Edition Update want list.


First a 2009 Upper Deck Daisuke Matsuzaka...


...and Javier Lopez.


2008 Upper Deck Starquest Common David Ortiz

He also sent me 4 that I needed from my 2008 Upper Deck First Edition Update.





Now I'm down to needing only 3 cards, 479, 339 and 303.


2009 Upper Deck Dustin Pedroia


2009 Upper Deck Turquoise Common Kevin Youkilis


2012 Topps Opening Day Jacoby Ellsbury

 
2009 O-Pee-Chee Jacoby Ellsbury ART
 
Thanks Weston! I appreciate you sending me some cards I needed, so expect a return package headed up your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment