Friday, February 12, 2021

1993 Ted Williams Baseball (Part 2)

 Here's the other 5 packs of 1993 Ted Williams Baseball as promised...


Pack 1


The backs of some of the cards (in this group Rogers Hornsby "Rajah" and Jimmie Foxx "Double X"), feature commentary by Ted.


I have to admit the Juan Gonzalez and Jeff Bagwell cards look so out of place in this set.
 
Pack 2


This group has one of Ted himself.


A few posts ago I showed off a 1976 Hostess Hank Aaron that quite a bit of wear on it. I have a Buddy Bell card from that same set that looks just as loved.

Pack 3


The backs of the cards also display the player's full name. You may not know that Maury Wills' middle name is "Morning", or that Bert Campaneris' first name is Dagoberto.


My favorite card of this group is obviously the Tiant.

Pack 4


Two Don Baylor's in one pack. Awesome. And with the Yankees...even better.


According to the backs of the cards, Lou Gehrig is proclaimed the best first baseman ever and Oscar Charleston was considered by New York Giants' manager John McGraw as the "best player in baseball, period."

Pack 5


Earl Weaver's confrontations with umpires are legendary. He was ejected from almost 100 regular season games in his managerial career...three times he was ejected from both games of a doubleheader and twice before the game even started!


I love this Yaz card. These were the pajamas uniforms that the Red Sox wore when I started watching them back in the 70's.



Now presenting the pogs that I have no idea what to do with.

I got quite a few dupes out of the ten packs...at some point I'll put up a wantlist.

Thanks for reading!



What I'm listening to while I post this:

Black Flag - In My Head

1 comment:

  1. It's probably because of my age, but I really love the Pogs! Can't you just put them in pages or penny sleeves with the rest of the set?

    ReplyDelete