Saturday, April 25, 2015

Another Good Day At The Card Show (Part III)

Here's the final post about the card show I went to last Sunday. I picked up these two Red Sox prospect cards because I like to have cards of as many current and future Red Sox players as possible. There is a very nerdy reason why I do this, one of these days I'll do a post as to why getting all these cards are necessary.


You can't really see his name, but this is Brian Johnson (and yes, I think of AC/DC every time I hear his name). He was very impressive this year in Spring Training and I have a feeling we may see him in the majors before the year is done. Right now he is pitching for Pawtucket (AAA) and his ERA is 0.56 after sixteen innings.


Noe Ramirez has been to Spring Training the past couple of years and is currently pitching for the Pawtucket Red Sox as well.


About five months ago at this same card show I stumbled upon some Brooks Robinson cards from an un-numbered set released in 1993 by Country Time Lemonade called "Country Time Legends". I had picked up three cards from the seven card (plus a title card) set. Here are four more, and now I just need the title card for the set.


I also picked up a couple of Kraft Singles cards, the Delino DeShields is from the 1993 set and the Cecil Fielder is from the 1994 set. The makeup of both sets were the same...a thirty card set, fifteen from the American League and fifteen from the National League. You could either get single cards in packages of Kraft Singles or you could send away for the entire set. 


This was the lone 70's Hostess card I could find.


I also picked up three more from the 1986 Quaker Chewy Granola Bars set.


I grabbed this 1977 Topps Gaylord Perry without checking my wantlist. I was pretty sure I needed it.


I didn't need to check my wantlist because I knew I needed this card. Now I am finally done with 1989 Fleer!


I already have three of these, but for a dime? Hell ya, I'll pick up another one. Something tells me Nick would be proud.

I think I spent somewhere around twenty-five bucks for all of this. It spent a little bit more than the cost of a blaster of 2015 cards, but a hell of a lot more fun. I can't wait until next month's show. I'm pretty confident I won't have to deal with any snow, but up around here, you never know.


1 comment: