Wednesday, May 3, 2023

2021 Topps Update Series Baseball

I have a lot of half finished posts so I didn't just buy this...this is from late 2021. I can't remember how much I paid for this, I think it was somewhere around $59. It didn't have a "hit" in the box so it really shows how much you are paying for a memorabilia card you could probably find in a dollar box 6 months later.



For those of you who have read a few posts of mine, you probably know that I am a set collector. I do spend a lot of time reading the "forums" and it seems that I am a dying breed. 

So here are the highlights of the base cards. "Worthless trash" I've heard them referenced as. 










There were a few numbered cards. This Seth Elledge was part of the Advanced Stats parallels and was numbered 268/300.


The Edwin Uceta was 600/2021 and the Matt Strahm was 1987/2021.


These are from the All-Star Game subset.


I'm a big fan of the 1993 Black Gold subset, so I liked seeing it revived for this. The Reggie is from the Cards That Never Were subset and the Eddie Murray is from the Platinum Player Die Cuts.


I pulled 6 of the 1986 Topps Inserts. 


As you can see, the 1992 Topps Inserts were quite plentiful...which is fine because I like them.


These are exclusive to retail packs, which means I purchased a retail box at my LCS.



The black Christian Yelich parallel was numbered 1/25 and the Mookie Betts red Chrome parallel was numbered 51/70. The Judge, Yelich and Hayes were Chrome parallels, while the Lincecum, deGrom and Mize were from the 70 years of Topps subset.

Currently I only have a few cards that I need to complete this set. Please check my want lists...if you have any of them I'd like to work out a trade if possible. Thanks for reading!


What I'm Listening To While I Post This 

Bruce Springsteen - Born To Run



3 comments:

  1. I am looking at that right, were there two doubles (in one pack) yet no relic/autograph?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were just the "highlights". There was a lot more base cards than what was shown. I didn't realize it was a retail box when I bought it and I'm guessing an auto/relic card wasn't guaranteed.

      Delete
  2. Not sure how to feel about buying a retail box at the LCS. I've seen retail blasters at my LCS as well.

    ReplyDelete