Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Presstine Project (Season 1 Volume 1)

The dollar store in my area hasn't had any baseball cards in awhile, so when I'm running errands in another part of the state, I'll check and see what the dollar store there has.

I found a pack of these, and while they are only twenty cards in these, they do have current cards....which the other repacks that I buy there don't.




2010 Topps Wandy Rodriguez (Astros)
1991 Score Jeff Parrett (Braves)
1997 Score Premium Stock Jose Herrera (A's)
1992 Fleer Charlie O'Brien (Mets)
2013 Topps Gypsy Queen Jemile Weeks (A's)
1991 Score David Walsh (Dodgers)
1992 Score Laddie Renfroe (Cubs)
1987 Donruss Ray Hayward (Padres)
1987 Topps Larry Sheets (Orioles)


1991 Score Dream Team Doug Jones (Indians)
1991 Donruss Ryne Sandberg (Cubs)
1988 Leaf Jody Reed (Red Sox)
1992 Leaf Jay Bell (Pirates)
1988 Donruss Ken Caminiti (Astros)
2010 Topps Chris Volstad (Marlins)
1992 Upper Deck Jesse Barfield (Yankees)
1992 Donruss Mark Lemke (Braves)
1990 Donruss Mickey Hatcher (Dodgers)


I also got what I thought was a 1991 Topps Charlie Leibrandt....


...until I looked at the back and realized I have my first 1991 O-Pee-Chee card. I think.


The last card is a 2013 Topps Gypsy Queen Adrian Beltre.

Yes, the 2013 issues have already made there way into repacks. This is also the first repack I've purchased that had a player named Laddie.

Intrigued, I had to find out more about him. He only lasted two weeks in the major leagues while pitching in four games. He pitched 4 2/3 innings, going 0 - 1 with a 13.50 ERA. He was also the subject of a post by a fellow blogger.

His son, David Renfroe (which is a name I do recognize), was a former Red Sox prospect. He was an infielder who last year was beginning the transformation into a pitcher. It apparently was not too successful, as he announced his retirement two weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment