Thursday, June 13, 2013

Trying To Keep Up

I haven't been posting as much lately due to fact I've been trying to sort out the stacks and stacks of cards that have been sitting around the house.


This is just one corner of the spare bedroom. I also have my closet almost filled, there are boxes underneath my bed, and other assorted piles scattered throughout the Swing And A Pop-Up compound.

I called this "Sortageddon" when I first started this blog, and the name still obviously applies. This is turning out to be quite the project, and since I keep buying cards, it makes me wonder if I will ever finish getting everything in order.

It however has forced me to create want lists, which is sadly yet another project, and for those who don't know, I have a sidebar on my blog which lists the most recent sets I've created want lists for. I've noticed that a lot of sets that I thought I was close to completing...well that was just wishful thinking. Not to mention (why do people say this and then mention what they just said they weren't going to mention? It's like when people say "To be perfectly honest with you". So if I don't hear that I should assume that you're perfectly lying to me?)

Ok, I'll focus now.

What I was going to say is that by reviewing my sets, I've noticed a few I thought I had completed...

I HAVEN'T!!
 
AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

It is deflating, isn't it?

It's tough to complete sets at shows because I either didn't collect what they have on their table or I haven't made a list for it yet. (Grrrrrr.) Most of the tables are filled with autos and memorabilia cards, which I have no interest in (unless they are really, really cheap. Like a dollar cheap).

I haven't really gotten into the ebay/COMC scene, and if you read my blog, you know my feelings about Listia, so for me, trading is how I've been able to get most of what I need. Quite often on this blog I mention the fact that I enjoy trading with other bloggers/collectors. Actually it's really not mentioning, it's more like "incessant whining".

Well, my whining is apparently working. So much in fact, that I'm falling behind in posting about trade packages that other bloggers have so generously sent my way. I received this package from Curtis from the blog Condition Sensitive who said he had some cards that I needed. I actually received this well over a week ago and am just getting to it now.


 
9 from 1989 Score.
64 from 1990 Donruss.
62 from 1992 Donruss.
 
1990 and 1992 Donruss qualify as sets that I thought I was a lot closer to completing than I really am. But thanks to the generosity of Curtis, I can cross off a lot from those two want lists.
 
Thank you, Curtis! Hope we can trade again.
 
Trade packages like that sure brighten up my day.
 
Because...
 
 
...have I ever mentioned it rains out a lot here?
 

3 comments:

  1. My wife would kill me. Then bury me under the boxes. I'll pray for you my friend!!

    I once started an answer in a job interview with "To be honest with you..." and the very next question was "What is something you wouldn't be honest with me about?" Ouch. I don't think I've said that phrase out loud since that day in 1998.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an epic box-filled corner of the compound - Wow!!

    Of all sets, I have a bunch of '92 Leaf that I am putting together with you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! That's a mountain of cardboard, sir.

    ReplyDelete