Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Trading Tuesdays - Padres Edition

As I've mentioned on this blog before, one of the things I enjoy most about the blogosphere is trading with other bloggers. I don't make it to too many card shows (I've been to 1 since I started blogging back in February), and it's often times very tough to find the cards I need to complete the sets I'm working on.

I've gotten closer to some sets thanks to the trading I've done, and hopefully I've been to help other bloggers with their collecting goals as well. So I've been thinking for a while about how I can help initiate some trading with other collectors/bloggers that I may not have connected with yet. Of course, I'm certainly up for trading with collectors/bloggers that I've traded with before.

So every Tuesday I post a collection of items representing a specific team. It will generally consist of mostly cards from that team, but it could also include a media guide, a yearbook, a pack of cards with a player from that team on the wrapper, etc.

If you are interested in it, either comment on the blog or email me at swingandapopup@gmail.com, with what you want to trade for it. No reasonable offer will be refused, however it does have to be off of my want list. I need to finish these sets! Trade me a dozen cards, trade me a hundred cards, trade me one card, but help me finish these sets!

I only have a small percentage of my "wants" uploaded. This is a huge work in process, and I am adding new want lists up weekly. I also keep track via a sidebar on my blog letting readers know what lists have been added in the past week. There are also some "junk wax" sets on there that I haven't finished. I know some of you are sitting on some '89 Score, 92 Donruss, etc., and this could be a chance to unload some of it to someone who needs it!

If nobody claims the previous weeks loot, it will be added to what I am offering the next week as well. This week I feature the San Diego Padres. If nobody claims this package by next Tuesday, I'll offer up a second team. If someone claims it before the next Tuesday, they will win the lot of the second team I choose, plus the Padres, for whatever they want to trade me off my want list.

Last week (which was also the first week) featured the Angels, and it was claimed within a couple of hours. I'd love to say that I knew that it would be a success, but quite honestly I was surprised as hell.

So here's what up for trade this week:


1987 Topps Traded Randy Ready


2008 Upper Deck Michael Barrett


2013 Topps Cameron Maybin


1995 Topps Ricky Gutierrez


1986 Topps Craig Lefferts


1986 Topps All-Star Game Commemorative Set Graig Nettles,


Dick Williams,


LaMarr Hoyt,


Terry Kennedy,


...and Steve Garvey.

2012 Topps Jason Bartlett


1992 Topps Jeremy Hernandez


1993 Donruss Doug Brocail


1992 Donruss Fred McGriff


2007 Topps Allen & Ginter Mike Cameron


1989 Topps Dickie Thon


1988 Kmart Memorable Moments Benny Santiago


1994 Fleer Ultra Frank Seminara


1994 Upper Deck Tony Gwynn HFA


1996 Bowman Derrek Lee


1996 Fleer Update Wally Joyner


2001 Topps Adam Eaton


1996 Upper Deck Bip Roberts


1996 Topps Stadium Club Ken Caminiti


1987 Topps Mini Tony Gwynn


If you are interested in trading for all of this, either leave a comment or email me at swingandapopup@gmail.com with what you wish to trade. First person to contact me wins the entire package of Padres.

Thanks for reading and let's trade!

No comments:

Post a Comment