Wednesday, April 27, 2022

2021 Topps Chrome Update

My work schedule requires me to be on the road all day traveling from job to job. One of the worst things about the pandemic wasn't the lack of baseball cards, but the lack of available bathrooms. My local Target is one of my frequent rest room stops and on one occasion I happened to show up as the baseball card section was being stocked.

I wasn't going to be a stalker so I left and came back later in the evening and picked up a box of 2021 Topps Chrome Update. It was a bit pricey at $49.99 and most of the reviews of it I read were not good. So let's take the risk, shall we?

Pack 1


Amed Rosario
Andrew Benintendi
Estevan Florial Purple Refractor
Nate Lowe

Pack 2


Jameson Taillon
Keibert Ruiz Purple Refractor 
Shane Bieber ASG
Wilson Ramos

Pack 3


Steven Matz
Ka'ai Tom
Evan White Purple Refractor 
Hunter Renfroe

Pack 4



Jorge Mateo
Willy Adames
Nick Gordon Purple Refractor 
Alex Manoah

Pack 5


Hirokazu Sawamura
Akil Baddoo 
Hunter Renfroe Purple Refractor 
Andres Gimenez

Pack 6


Ke'Bryan Hayes Rookie Debut 
Luis Patino Purple Refractor
Max Scherzer Platinum Players Die-Cut
Alec Bohm Rookie Debut 

Pack 7


Clarke Schmidt Rookie Debut
Andrew Vaughn Purple Refractor 
Joey Bart Black Gold
Deivi Garcia Rookie Debut

Pack 8


Shane McClanahan Rookie Debut 
Andrew Vaughn Rookie Debut 
Nate Lowe Purple Refractor 
Sam Huff Rookie Debut 

Pack 9


Geraldo Perdomo
Wilson Ramos Purple Refractor 
Fernando Tatis Jr. All-Star Game
Nick Madrigal Rookie Debut 

Pack 10


Kevin Pillar
Charlie Morton
Alex Manoah Purple Refractor 
Mitch Moreland

Looks like the reviews were pretty accurate. I did whiff quite spectacularly on pulling the bigger cards but I have a second box waiting in the wings. Hopefully that box presents better results.

Thanks for reading!


What I'm Listening To While I Post This 

Jump - Van Halen




2 comments:

  1. JUMP, first time I heard that I was on pass during boot camp, drinking Long island Ice Teas, what a night!. As for the rip, I'd be bummed with just 1 Braves card. Best wishes on that 2nd box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the price increase is way too much for the cards that show up on the checklist. Good luck with the second box!

    ReplyDelete