Monday, April 25, 2022

1993 Topps Football Series 2

Online shopping is dangerous. I had resisted the temptation for quite a few years but lately I've been buying some boxes here and there of cards that were from my youth (if you consider being in your 20's your youth). When this set came out I was a freshman at Plymouth State (I didn't go straight out of high school but to compensate for my late start I did a 4 year degree in less than 3 years). Because I was older, I qualified as a non-trad student which meant although I had to live on campus, I didn't have to live in a dorm. Instead I got to live in the "Non-Traditional House" which was...disgusting. There were weeds growing up through the floor in the bathroom. So my memories of this set were opening packs in that house. 


I found this on eBay and didn't spend a ridiculous amount for it , although it was (like most nowadays), a bit overpriced. But hell, you can't put a price tag on reliving memories of weeds growing through the bathroom floor.


Unlike some previous boxes, I did manage to pull all of the "money cards" from this set.

Joe Montana


Drew Bledsoe


Willie Roaf x3


Jerry Rice x2


Troy Aikman x2


Robert Smith x3


Jerome Bettis


No much in the way of Topps Gold cards...Randall Cunningham was probably the best one.


Unless you fancy Jim McMahon in a Vikings uniform.


The sole Black Gold card was Barry Sanders...a more than acceptable pull.


And the dangerous online shopping continues...I just ordered a box of 1992 Fleer Ultra Series 2 and 1992 Pinnacle Series 1. 


Thanks for reading!


What I'm Listening To While I Post This 

Don't Forget Me When I'm Gone - Glass Tiger


3 comments:

  1. I always loved this design. It's one of the very few football products I've ever purchased. Great Sanders pull!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're having fun, and not going broke doing it, I'd say keep doing what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got the big names so it's a success!

    ReplyDelete