Monday, February 12, 2018

2001 Fleer Red Sox 100th Set

Much like the 2003-04 Parkhurst Original Six Boston set that I've blogged about in the past, this Red Sox set released in 2001 was also five dollars a pack. At that point in my life, I really didn't have much money to spend on cards, so this was a treat as opposed to a regular purchase.






At a recent card show I found forty cards that I needed for the set. At a dime a piece I spent four dollars for all of them. Since the set is a hundred cards, I got almost half the set for less than a price of a pack.


I bought another pack of the Brighams Coca-Cola set in hopes of finding the Carl Yastrzemski card that I need. I was unsuccessful.


I also picked up a trio of 1985 O-Pee-Chee Red Sox. It wasn't until I did this post that I realized I bought two copies of the Jerry Remy.


We'll wrap this post up with three from 1983 Fleer.


1 comment:

  1. I've managed to accumulate a fair amount of those Red Sox 100th cards in dime boxes over the years and it's always a treat to find them (though I see several I still need from your scans here).

    ReplyDelete