Monday, November 22, 2021

It's Not Always About The Hits IV

I hope everybody had a good weekend. The wife and I went shopping for Thanksgiving as we plan to have it at our place this year...which means I get to cook. Her parents wanted to take us to have Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant but I passed on the idea. I did it with them once and it was alright...okay, it sucked. Not my kind of experience. Not my worst Thanksgiving though, that would be somewhere in the mid-1990's when I was in college and had to work the entire day...at a restaurant. 

Well that's enough reminiscing...let's look at what I found in one of those $10 box of "commons" I love so dearly.


2020 Topps Heritage High Numbers - 340 cards.

Of course there were some duplicates...and a few inserts as well. But since I was only able to find a little bit of this (at an astronomically high price) at the time of release, this gets me a lot closer to completing it with minimal financial effort. Bonus was that it included 10 of the short prints.


2018 Topps Update - 292 cards.

2021 Topps Series 1 - 302 cards.


It wasn't all just hundreds of cards from a few sets...there were some random cards thrown in as well.


This page is all from 2017 Bowmans Best. 


Lots of Cubs in these pages.


One of a few from 2017 Topps Series 1.


2014 Bowman Chrome - 74 cards.

2014 Bowman Chrome Prospects - 63 cards...which included

...a short print

...and a variation (I have no idea what the variation is). 

2018 Topps Heritage High Numbers - 67 cards.


2015 Topps Heritage - 58 cards...which included a couple of SPs...


...and something I had never seen before, a Blue Back parallel.


1991 Pro Set Football - 14 cards. I freely admit to liking these overproduced Pro Set releases. 


2017 Topps Holiday Bowman - 2 cards.


Here are a few Cincinnati Reds from 2017 Topps Series 1 and 2016 Bowman Draft.


 A couple of Chicago Cubs from 2016 Topps Allen & Ginter.


2014 Bowman Chrome Prospect Trey Ball - 23 cards. That right...23 copies. Anybody want one? I can spare one...or 23.


2013 Bowman Prospects - 8 cards. 


3 cards from 2013 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects...the last two are the Chrome versions.



Some inserts from 2014 Bowman.


2012 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects - 4 cards.


2013 Bowman - 18 cards.


2013 Bowman Chrome - 19 cards.


2013 Bowman Chrome Prospects - 35 cards.


2020 Topps Heritage - 30 cards.


2009 O-Pee-Chee - 50 cards.


2018 Topps Series 1 - 70 cards...and it even included this Nolan Arenado numbered insert 171/299.



Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Lots of very cool cards there, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wait, when you say $10 box of commons, what do you pay to get all of this? Was this entire haul in one $10 box? Also - very happy to take nobody prospects off of your hands, especially one of those 23…..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had a Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant before, but don't think I'd like it very much. And everybody still loves ProSet, EVERYBODY!

    ReplyDelete