Monday, September 9, 2013

Junk Wax Sent My Way....And I'm Happy About It!

This trade post come courtesy of Jeff, who commented on my 100th celebratory post that he could help me with some of my want lists. I made a note of it, and then promptly forgot about it.

As I was cleaning out my inbox, I came across his offer again, and emailed him apologizing for not responding sooner. Jeff collects Angels cards (most notably Mike Trout and Tim Salmon), and I sent him a hodgepodge of cards that I hoped he didn't already have.

In return, he sent me an excellent trade package. In fact, one of the best I've received.

Let's dig in, shall we?


 Six cards from 1990 Donruss.

 
Eighteen cards from 1989 Donruss.


Some of the ten cards I recevied from 1988 Score. I'm down to only needing fourteen cards to complete the set.


These nine cards represent the over forty cards he sent me from 1989 Score. I only need fourteen cards for this set as well.


1984 Fleer was well represented in the trade package. Feast your eyes on some of the over forty-five cards that are no longer on my want list.


 
Plus seven from 1985 Topps. 
 
But this was my favorite part of the trade package:
 
 
1982 Fleer!!!
 
In our emails Jeff had warned me to be prepared for mostly junk wax in return. That was fine with me, since I feel the need to collect every set, and I haven't finished a lot of the junk wax era sets.
 
Needless to say, I was very surprised to find over one-hundred-and-fifty cards from this set.
 
To reiterate what I stated at the beginning of the post, one of the best trade packages I've received. Thanks for the trade Jeff! If you ever want to trade again, I've got plenty of Angels.

1 comment:

  1. The '82 Fleer set is just beautiful. Great adds to your collection.

    ReplyDelete