Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Trading Tuesdays - Angels Edition

As I've mentioned on this blog before, one of the things I enjoy most about the blogosphere is trading with other bloggers. I don't make it to too many card shows (I've been to 1 since I started blogging back in February), and it's often times very tough to find the cards I need to complete the sets I'm working on.

I've gotten closer to some sets thanks to the trading I've done, and hopefully I've been to help other bloggers with their collecting goals as well. So I've been thinking for a while about how I can help initiate some trading with other collectors/bloggers that I may not have connected with yet. Of course, I'm certainly up for trading with collectors/bloggers that I've traded with before.

I've seen some cool ideas on a couple of blogs. I like the "trade stack" idea from Chris at Nachos Grande, and the team concept that Oscar employs at All Trade Bait, All The Time. Since I don't see myself coming up with anything ground breaking or original to accomplish this, I'm just going to offer some stuff up on the blog. While it's not a direct copy of what anybody else is doing, it does have similarities. After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So every Tuesday I am going to post a collection of items representing a specific team. It will probably consist of mostly cards from that team, but it could also include a media guide, a yearbook, a pack of cards with a player from that team on the wrapper, etc.

If you are interested in it, either comment on the blog or email me at swingandapopup@gmail.com, with what you want to trade for it. No reasonable offer will be refused, however it does have to be off of my want list. I need to finish these sets! Trade me a dozen cards, trade me a hundred cards, trade me one card, but help me finish these sets!

I only have a small percentage of my "wants" uploaded. This is a huge work in process, and I am adding new want lists up weekly. I also keep track via a sidebar on my blog letting readers know what lists have been added in the past week. There are also some "junk wax" sets on there that I haven't finished. I know some of you are sitting on some '89 Score, 92 Donruss, etc., and this could be a chance to unload some of it to someone who needs it!

If nobody claims the previous weeks loot, it will be added to what I am offering the next week as well. For example, I'm starting off with a package of California/Los Angeles/Anaheim Angels. If nobody claims this package by next Tuesday, I'll offer up a second team. If someone claims it before the next Tuesday, they will win the second team I choose, plus the Angels, for whatever they want to trade me off my want list.

So here's what up for trade:

1989 Fleer Dante Bichette


2012 Topps Gypsy Queen Bobby Abreu


1994 Fleer Flair Gary DiSarcina


1990 Topps Traded Luis Polonia


1991 O-Pee-Chee Premier Junior Felix


1991 Topps Stadium Club Luis Sojo


1987 Topps Devon White


1981 Donruss Joe Rudi


1981 Donruss Jim Fregosi


1981 Fleer Jim Barr


1981 Topps Don Aase


2005 Bowman Draft Picks Dallas McPherson


2003 Fleer Platinum Adam Kennedy


1984 Topps John McNamara


1983 Topps Rob Wilfong


2012 Topps Gypsy Queen Albert Pujols


1976 Topps Dave Collins


1976 Topps Traded Bobby Bonds


1998 Pacific Crown Royale Pillars Of The Game Jim Edmonds


1993 Topps Jim Edmonds


1992 Topps Shawn Abner


1988 Topps Wally Joyner


2010 Topps Torri Hunter


2003 Fleer Platinum Jarrod Washburn


1988 Topps Mini Wally Joyner


1980 Topps Rod Carew


1990 Topps Coins Chili Davis

Now all of these cards are not "mint". Some of the olders ones may show a bit of wear, since I've had most of these since they were issued. Just wanted to be up front about it. Consequently, I'm not looking for "mint" in return, either.

So that's the first team package up for trade. If you are interested in trading for it, either leave a comment or email me at swingandapopup@gmail.com with what you wish to trade. First person to contact me wins the entire package of Angels.

I'm going to try this for a few weeks, if nothing comes out of it, I'll move on to something else.

Thanks for reading and let's trade!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea, Bert.

    I'm going to be offering the Angels over on ATBATT also, so I'll link to you and hopefully your trade offer can get some extra exposure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This lot has been claimed by Sportscards From The Dollar Store.
    Next Trading Tuesday I'll feature another team.
    Which one will it be?

    ReplyDelete