Thursday, April 20, 2017

It's Still February Here

I managed to buy quite a bit at the card show I attended last February. I also spent more at this card show than I had in a long time. The next table I went to had a bunch of sets for $1 each.


The 1983 Donruss Hall of Fame Heroes set. This was a forty-four card set with color illustrations of players such as Ty Cobb, Josh Gibson, Mickey Mantle and a player with one of the coolest nicknames, James "Cool Papa" Bell.


Also purchased at the same time was the forty card 1983 Topps All-Star Set. Yaz was the only Red Sox player in the set.


Even though I've gotten a good chunk of the one hundred and ten card 1990 Pacific Baseball Legends set via repacks and trades with other bloggers, it felt good to just get the whole set at once. If you read the card backs like myself, there's always a lot of good information there.


The last set I picked up at this table was the 1992 forty-five card Score 90's Impact Player Set. While there were some impact players like Ken Griffey Jr. and Jeff Bagwell, there was also Gary Cooper, Andy Mota and Rich DeLucia.


I just hope nobody ever paid $18 for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment