Sunday, April 7, 2013

Collector's Cache Box (Part III)

The past couple of posts have been dedicated to exploring a "Collector's Cache Box" that I picked up at Target for $14.99.



You can read what I've gotten so far here and here.

To review, here is what the box states I will get:

1 storage case that holds 1,100 cards!
Over 500 cards from various years, manufacturers and players,
1 game used or autograph card,
1 Major League Baseball Collector Patch,
3 Factory Sealed Packs,
1 one touch,
And COLLECTOR COINS!!!

So we've reviewed the storage case and the over 500 cards from various years, manufacturers and players.

(It was over 500 cards. 507 cards to be exact. Yes I counted.)

Next on the list is 1 game used or autograph card.


A dual swatch of Scott Rolen from 2005 Donruss Diamond Kings...


...numbered 002/100.

Now we see the Major League Baseball collector patch.


I do not like collector patches. I also do not like the Yankees. So you shouldn't be surprised that I really do not like Yankee collector patches.

First one to say they want it, owns it. No trade necessary.

Here are the 3 factory sealed packs.

Pack #1


2012 Topps Opening Day.


There weren't very many celebrations for the Red Sox during the 2012 season.

Pack #2


2008 Upper Deck First Edition Update. I see this everywhere. Something tells me this is going to be as commonplace as seeing 1989 Topps.

Pack #3


1990 Donruss. A set I haven't finished, so I probably need some of them.

So here is what a "One Touch" looks like.


I honestly had no idea what a one touch was. Now I know.

Last, but not least, are the collector coins.

Excuse me, I mean the COLLECTOR COINS!!!


I'd already acquired some of these via the repack route, but only a few at a time. This box has 86.

It's a 60 coin set issued by Topps from 1990. I ended up with about half of it with plenty of dupes.
(6 Bret Saberhagens!)

So it delivered as promised, and it was fun to see what was inside. As a veteran of the repacks, I'm not sure I would get another one, probably because I don't need 86 more coins.

Unless of course, they include the other half of the set I don't have.

And no Bret Saberhagens.




1 comment:

  1. The coins are what's keeping me from buying one of these things.

    That, and hauling that thing to the register and getting the once over from the cashier.

    ReplyDelete