Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Year Late, But Almost 4 Bucks Better

If you've been following my blog, then you know about the repack that I bought at Wal-Mart a few days ago. If you missed it, you can read about it here and here.

Well, not only did I get a repack, I also got a discounted rack pack of 2012 Bowman. So if you live near a Wal-Mart go take a look, because I also saw discounted rack packs of 2012 A&G as well as 2012 Topps Football among others.


If you can read the red sticker, you'll notice that it was 36% off, so instead of $9.48, it only cost me $5.98. Which is probably what it should be in the first place.

On the back of the rack pack it states:


This Pack Contains 33 Cards:
Three 10-card Bowman Baseball Card Packs
-Plus-
1 Bonus Pack of 3 Exclusive Purple Parallel Cards
 
 
So let's start with the 3 packs, saving the Exclusive Purple Parallel Cards for last.
 
Pack 1
 
153 - Elvis Andrus (Rangers)
11 - Brett Gardner (Yankees)
183 - James Loney (Dodgers)
 

BCP100 Chrome - Tommy Joseph (Giants)
BCP73 Chrome - Will Swanner (Rockies)
146 - Martin Prado (Braves) - Gold Parallel
BP80 - Matt Purke (Nationals)
BP39 - Mike Murray (Giants)
 
 
65 - Ben Revere (Twins)
198 - Brett Pill (Giants)
 
 Pack 2
 
 
114 - Adrian Gonzalez (Red Sox)
208 - Liam Hendriks (Twins)
143 - Dustin Ackley (Mariners)
BCP72 Chrome - Jabari Blash (Mariners)
BCP99 Chrome - Dante Bichette Jr. (Yankees)
55 - Geovany Soto (Cubs) - Gold Parallel
BP94 - Charlie Tilson (Cardinals)
 
 
BP108 - Carlos Martinez (Cardinals)
209 - Yu Darvish (Rangers)
142 - Ryan Vogelsong (Giants)
 
Pack 3
 
97 - Craig Kimbrel (Braves)
74 - Derek Holland (Rangers)
BCP76 Chrome - Ian Gac (Braves)
BCP16 Chrome - Jesus Galindo (Giants)
89 - Brian Wilson (Giants) Gold Parallel
 
 
BPA-MO - Mike Holt (Rangers) Auto
 
Well this is a nice surprise! I rarely get autos in packs.
 
BP68 - Jeff Malm (Rays)
 
 
BP93 - Brandon Jacobs (Red Sox)
159 - David Ortiz (Red Sox)
 
Two Red Sox in a row!!
 
185 - Jason Werth (Nationals)
 
 
Now it's time for the "3 Exclusive Purple Parallel Cards!"
 
 
BP33 - Matthew West (Rangers)
 
 
BP20 - Robby Price (Rays)
 
 
BP31 - Nick Maronde (Angels)
 
If I was a Giants or Rangers team collector, I'd probably be singing the praises of Bowman. I got a fair amount of Red Sox too, and I was happy to get the Jacobs card because I don't have one of him yet. So yeah, it was worth the six bucks for me.


1 comment:

  1. that;s a a really nice auto to get out of a retail pack!

    ReplyDelete