Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Cards From The Binder (Chapter 8)

Highly anticipated, never duplicated.

Cards from the binder.


I must have gotten this Phil Esposito card at the NHL All-Star Weekend, which was held in Boston during the 1995-96 season. It may have come in the packs that were handed out, but I can't really remember.


I briefly tried to find out what the other four cards were, but alas, I was thwarted.


This was from the Pinnacle Fantasy set that was given out during the All Star weekend I mentioned previously. I remember they were handing out three card packs for free, and I kept going back in line until I completed the whole set. It was pretty cool, because people were trading as well.


This was the hardest card to get.

Travis Roy was a Boston University hockey player who just three months earlier suffered an injury so severe, it rendered him a quadriplegic.

Eleven seconds into his very first shift for BU, he slid head first into the boards and cracked his fourth and fifth vertebrae.

COMC lists it on Amazon for $18.65.


William Floyd was the first rookie to score three touchdowns in a playoff game, so he was a perfect candidate for this Skybox card, which I think I got in a Tuff Stuff or some other type of sportscard magazine.


He finished his career in 2000 while playing for the Carolina Panthers.


This Coca-Cola Christy Mathewson card I'm positive I got in a Tuff Stuff magazine.


This was a promo card that was a preview of the 1994 Coca Cola Series 1 Collectors Cards. With a quick search of Ebay, I was able to find the promo card listed for $1, and the one hundred card Series 1 set for $14.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment