Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Tales from the Pop-Up (Part 1)

Welcome to the initial post of my blog titled "Swing and a Pop-up". For the first few entries I hope to give you an idea of who I am, what I collect, etc.

I live in New Hampshire (although every winter I question why), so my favorite teams are the Boston ones. The Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins and the Patriots (okay, the Pats are technically out of Foxboro).

I've been collecting off and on since 1977. I mostly collect baseball, but I also do occasionally collect football, hockey and basketball. I also have a smattering of non-sports cards as well.

I am not a player collector, as I prefer to build sets. Rather I prefer to start sets and never finish them. (More on that in a later post.) But over the years I have acquired plenty of duplicates. Actually, the term "plenty" does not convey the proper imagery of how many duplicates I actually have. So let's try some other words.

An abundance of duplicates? (Nah. Too boring)

A flood of duplicates? (Getting closer.)

A torrent of duplicates? (I like that, but it sounds kind of violent. Could you imagine discovering that over the years you've acquired a torrent of 1990 Upper Deck Jody Reed cards? Not fun.)

How about "a veritable potpourri" of duplicates? (I like that. It even sounds kind of friendly. Almost like you'd want some delivered. Like to your door. It may even smell good. Ok, now I'm reaching here.)

What I'm getting at is I've noticed a lot of support between bloggers helping each other add to player collections, team collections, sets, etc., and you can definitely count me in on that. As I continue to figure out what I am doing (I've never blogged before so please bear with me), I'll be putting up some want lists as well and look forward to communicating/trading with other bloggers and of course reading about everybody's experiences. (I hope I haven't bored you all too much.) Everyone have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I'll trade with you. Let me know what kind of stuff you like and maybe we can work something out. You can email me at cardscrush99@yahoo.com. Have fun with your new blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere, I look forward to reading about your experiences!

    ReplyDelete