Friday, February 26, 2021

What Do You Know About Baseball?

My mom had given this to me sometime ago. She is always getting me baseball related books and other things (she knows better than to touch cards). Usually her purchases fall under the "Does she still think I'm 15?" category and I assumed this one would as well.


At first look I thought it was going to be just a collection of basic questions like "Who has the home run record for a season" or "What does RBI stand for?".


Here is the back of the box and one of the questions.



My first impression was completely wrong because I found this quite interesting and informative.

Here are 4 other questions...see how you do!





Think you know them all? Here are the questions again...this time with the answers.

Question 1



Question 2



Question 3



Question 4



How did you do?


What I'm listening to while I post this:

The Four Seasons - December 1963 (Oh, What A Night)


6 comments:

  1. Pretty cool! I confess the Dodgers one is the only one that I got correct without looking at the answers. Awesome gift from your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did well on those questions...it helps that many are uniform related, and I read Uni Watch, which is a wonderful site for all things about sports uniforms and other design elements. If you were interested in the story of stirrups and sanis and didn't know it before, you might want to check the site out. It covers both breaking news (such as when a team unveils new uniforms) and history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually got 3 out of 5 right. I'd never heard of the term "turkey wattle", but thankfully my baseball reading covered most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I got four out of five right (missed the first one). I got the "turkey wattle" question right only because it was Dodger-related and I'd heard that account with Steve Yeager before. And that last question was a total wild guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting stuff. The only one I knew was the Dodgers name story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three out of five for me, didn't get the first two!

    ReplyDelete