Thursday, November 16, 2017

The Best Leadoff Hitter Of All Time


...and a perfect card to lead off this post. Yes it's more random cards I've picked up at recent card shows.


I bought a blaster of 2005 Bowman Heritage a few years ago, so I picked up some parallels...


...including one of the recently retired Carlos Beltran.


I wasn't sure if I had this card or not, but when you find a card that books for 8 bucks in a dimebox, you take a chance.


Sometimes I'll buy a card I know I already have just because it's a dime.


I probably have this one already too. I have recently slowed down buying cards because I've gotten so many boxes that I haven't even sorted. My fantasy is to one day have everything all organized and neatly put away instead of unorganized and all over the house. I'm pretty sure it's my wife's fantasy too.


I already own the Lou Gehrig from the 1987 Hygrade All-Time Greats with the green border...now I have the orange border version as well.


I found this 1989 Upper Deck Gary Sheffield rookie in a dimebox as well. According to the toploader the card was in, this was (not) selling for $8. It's just a matter of time before I find the Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr. rookie in a dimebox. Yeah, right.


We'll close out this Thursday evening post with an 1982 Donruss Tom Seaver. 

Have a great night!

3 comments:

  1. ::reads title::
    ::Looks for Rickey Henderson up top::
    ::Sees Rickey Henderson up top::
    ::Nods::
    ::Leaves satisfied::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the exact same thing. Was even thinking I'll comment if it's anybody other than Rickey.

      Delete
  2. 1981 Fleer holds a special place in my collection. It's the first set my parents bought me... and it had several Rickeys... who was my favorite player when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete