Monday, January 2, 2017

2015 Panini Americana

Since my job keeps me on the road a lot, I pass a lot of Dollar Trees along the way. Lately they've had packs of the 2015 Panini Americana set and I've bought a few trying to complete the 73 card set.


They are really bland looking but since I had a huge crush on Paula Abdul in the 80's, I'm not really noticing it on this card.


Like most Americana releases, it features a lot of people that I'm not familiar with. Unfortunately, thanks to my wife's love of reality shows, I'm quite familiar with her.


Next to Van Halen, Motley Crue was my favorite band in high school. I find it funny that they consider Vince Neil a musician...


...but Coolio is a rapper. I knew he wasn't a musician.


I did manage to score a couple of autos from the random packs I picked up. I correctly assumed that this was the daughter of Dr. Oz.


I also correctly assumed I had no idea who either of these two were.

I am however, missing one card. Card number 7 which is Aly Raisman.

Pardon me for a second while I find out who this is.

.........

Turn out she's a gymnast that grew up about an hour's drive from me. Well, that was embarrassing.

So if anybody out there is doing this set and has a dupe of Aly, I'd like to trade for it. I also have a lot of dupes as well.

Hope everyone had a Happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. Gary Stevens is a local guy, so I recognized his name. He's popped up in Goodwin Champions in recent years, too. He also appeared in some horse racing sets from the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also slowly trying to complete this set. I'll have to check out my local Dollar Tree. I don't have a dupe of Aly Raisman, but I did know who she was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool that you got signatures from Dollar Tree packs... I don't know any of the people who signed, but I guess that's another story. I'll have to keep an eye out for these. To quote from RoboCop, "I'd buy that for a dollar!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a list of these too. I'll check for Aly. Can do without the horse racing people in this set....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Struck out on Aly. She's on my list too.
      2015 Panini Americana
      6 HSolo 7 ARaisman 8 SBauer 11 EDushku 15 BHogan 16 Coolio 18 DBSweeney 19 DMcKellar 24 HHogan 28 MEMastrantonio 32 PAbdul 33 SSmiley 36 TManning 37 GReece 39 TSirico 40 VNeil 42 MRingwald 43 BCooper 44 CJericho 46 RWesley 52 AKnapp 58 NCannon 60 TThiessen 62 VIce 66 LPrepon 67 CSimpson

      Email me at QAPLAGCA at yahoo .com if you'd like to trade.

      Delete