Monday, April 27, 2015

1987 Smokey The Bear Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd

This was another Listia win from a while back. I got this for the dreaded 499 credit bid.


From the research I did, it looks like there was a set of thirty-one of these 4x6 cards. There was a sheet of sixteen perforated cards for the American League and a sheet of fifteen perforated cards for the National League.


I had never seen these before, but checking eBay and COMC, it looks like they are quite plentiful in both full sheets and individual cards.


4 comments:

  1. That is fantastic! Something about seeing Boyd with a bear named Smokey is just perfect, I'm gonna have to pick one up. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I saw one was a couple weeks ago on Listia too. It wasn't this one, but still cool. I was outbid at the last minute, but I wasn't too disappointed I lost. Glad to hear there are plenty available, I might look for some one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picked up one of these a few years back... Had never looked into the history of it.. Good info

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smokey wears his jeans like an old man.

    ReplyDelete