Friday, November 28, 2014

I Broke A New Year's Resolution


I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Because of the weather and family members being sick, we had to go with "Plan B" yesterday, which meant sleeping late and staying home. So our Thanksgiving dinner was in the evening as opposed to the afternoon. We don't participate in the Black Friday nonsense (save for me having to work this evening), so this will be a nice relaxing weekend for me.

Now back to the title of my post. In January of this year, I made the comment that I don't really make New Year's collecting goals/resolutions, so instead I made a list of things I was not going to do this year, and then cross them off when I didn't do them. I've already almost failed in one of my goals by completing a 2014 set in 2014 (Topps Series 1, but not Series 2, so technically this one is still good), but this week I accidentally broke one.

Y'all remember a bit ago when I was slowly becoming an unintentional Stephen Drew supercollector? (You can read about that frightening experience here.) Fortunately, my most recent experience with those repack boxes resulted in this hit...


...which I wrote about here.

I am notoriously slow in opening packs, so I am still opening them from that last repack box. One of the packs of 2013 Topps Archives netted me this scribble:


I have never pulled any of the autos/memorabilia cards out of Archives before, but this is why I broke my resolution:


Numbered 2/5. One of my resolutions was not to pull any autos numbered to 50 or less.

So I failed.

What a disappointment.



I'm kidding, of course.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on a sweet pull. Wish I could make resolutions, and break them in style like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A most excellent pull!! Only five of 'em on the planet and you've got one. Pretty sweet! Hope you're enjoying your relaxing weekend, sir...

    ReplyDelete